There is nothing better on a summer night than front porch sittin’.
The past few nights have been absolutely perfect. The temperatures hover around 80 degrees with no humidity, Ahhhhhhh. I have the most FABULOUS rocking chair for sittin’, given to me as a gift by our dear friends from France (hello Xavier & Joycelyne). Below, I have compiled a list of my reasons why front porch sittin’ is da-bomb.
- How about just plain ole’ sitting down (yep, Mom’s will agree, sitting is rare).
- Being outside in shorts and a tee shirt, not too cold and not too hot, perfectly comfortable.
- Watching your children enjoy being kids as they ride bikes and scooters up and down the street.
- Having a conversation with your husband (another rare experience).
- Peace and quiet.
- Staring out at the mountains makes me go into a deep think tank.
- Watching giant fluffy clouds blowing across the skyline.
- Realizing how blessed I am for the life I have been given.
- How amazing it is that ice water tastes incredible while sitting on my front porch.
- Momentarily feeling the slowness of life. My most favorite thing about sitting on my porch. Life keeps flying faster than the day before. I long for a slow down….
What is your favorite thing about front porch sitting? I would love to hear from you, comment below or head over to my Facebook page to join in on the conversation.